Engineering Documentation Manager (12 months contract)
Life at Samsung Ads
We are proud to build a world class organization that thrives on: Collaborating closely, problem-solving, breaking new ground and adapting quickly to a rapidly evolving industry. We are looking for a long-term, 12 months contract, Engineering Documentation Manager!
We offer a remote/hybrid work environment made easy for you with practical perks, commuting and lunch benefits.
- A competitive compensation package, including a performance based incentive plan
- A very generous and broad ranged personal & healthcare spending program
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage; you can choose the option(s) that best suits YOU
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off and so much more!
- Access to free learning and development opportunities
- Amazing discounts, tons of social activities and various other extras!
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1
- Giving back program which includes donation matching & volunteering including a paid volunteer day
If you wish to know more about Samsung Ads, please visit our website.
About this role:
We are looking for a talented Engineering Documentation Manager (12-months contract) to help create and build out our engineering documentation. You will report directly to the Knowledge Management Lead and be a core part of the Product Operations team.
This role is responsible for coordinating software engineering and technical documentation efforts across multiple engineering teams. In this role, you will consult with engineering and technical staff to guide the creation, publishing and maintenance of technical and software documentation. Additionally, you’ll develop and promote documentation templates, processes, and best practices for communicating coding guidelines, standards, and systems information.
You will need technical experience, some coding or scripting skills, and the ability to dive deep into new tech quickly. You must also have the skills to work with engineering leaders, subject matter experts, and other writers to build content strategies and deliver results using agile models and processes.
This role will be fully remote based anywhere in Canada or hybrid based and will require a mix of working from our Montreal, QC office and remote work if based in Montreal.
- Influence documentation development, storage, and reuse. Guide a holistic content strategy for engineering documentation and drive adoption for new processes;
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to define strategic initiatives around authoring processes, content management, content navigation, content taxonomy and develop a communication strategy around the publication of documentation;
- Audit existing content, perform gap analysis, and determine how to improve existing and develop new content;
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information and documents along with maintaining a library of engineering documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use;
- Coordinate with engineering teams to ensure documentation updates in time with feature and technical releases;
- Develop, promote and govern best practices for engineering documentation and support our engineering transformation process to an InnerSource contribution model.
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing coupled with 3+ years of experience required working with Agile software development teams;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications or equivalent experience;
- Experience writing and reviewing technical documentation for engineering teams; Experience working with Confluence/JIRA;
- Experience documenting a codebase for engineering;
- Experience creating/reviewing documentation in Github;
- Strong attention to detail with advanced analytical skills coupled with an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
*Should you advance in the process, we will be requiring samples of your writing*
Diversity and inclusion
Samsung Ads is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or have any questions during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.