Samsung Ads is looking to add a Lead Architect to our Engineering Architecture team.
About the team
Architects at Samsung Ads are bridge builders: helping teams envision a path from today to where we want to be, and crafting standards, best practices, and patterns to bridge our global engineering organization. Architects champion the long view, vs. what is simply expedient. They push teams toward what’s possible and consider the big picture. Architects manage constraints and own what is possible, acting as key technology partners and mentors inspiring the teams toward technical excellence. They coordinate amongst multiple sites worldwide and always work towards increased communication and productivity. If this sounds like you, please read on!
As a Regional Lead Architect, you’ll be leading our horizontal architecture team in Canada. This team is responsible for defining, refining, and guiding the execution of long, medium, and short-term visions for our systems, as well as for major investments across our product suite. In this role you will be a close partner with other Regional Lead Architects, senior engineering and product leadership.
This role reports directly to our Chief Architect and can be fully remote based anywhere in Canada or hybrid based requiring a mix of working from our Montreal, QC/Toronto, ON and remote work.
What you will do
- Build and hire a strong architecture team
- Curate and communicate the key architecture pillars that apply to all architecture engineering for Samsung Ads
- Develop technical blueprints for Samsung Ads platforms – application architecture, API interfaces, microservices, backend data processing, and reporting.
- Architecting, with the team, new features and components based on product and internal requirements, with the appropriate mix of top-down declaration and bottom-up collaboration
- Analyzing and constructively critiquing architectures and designs by peers
- Constant pruning and steering: analyzing current versus ideal states, detailing GAPs, and re-architecting existing components to address growth/performance/scalability challenges, including migration and change management
- Research and evaluation of best-of-breed technologies to inform architecture decisions, especially build-vs-buy and cost/benefit analysis
- Maintaining up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies
- Providing consultancy and guidance to engineering teams as they build and/or evaluate components
- Provide consultancy to engineers during component testing and productization to ensure fidelity against agreed-on architecture and acceptance criteria
- Providing consultancy and guidance to non-engineering teams, such as product, privacy, and governance, regarding component and data behaviors and characteristics
- Participate in internal training to improve knowledge of both existing components and general architecture best-practices
What you will need
- Overall 15 years of experience with 10 years of experience as a Principal, CTO, Architect or similar experience
- Concurrently, or prior to your architecture experience, a minimum of 3 years working as a software engineer with expertise in at least 2 programming languages such as: Golang, Java, Python, Rust, C/C++ or similar
- Strong expertise across broad computer science fundamentals: Hardware, operating systems, software, data structures, and networking
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, including growing teams, developing rising talent, and creating a supportive and exciting environment with an ability to communicate technical vision
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing architecture for a large global product
- Excellent English communication skills with the ability to multiplex and translate low-level engineering-facing details and high-level product-facing attributes; French is an asset
- Comfortable presenting and obtaining consensus using multiple methods: Written diagrams and text, in-person meetings, in-person and remote presentations, including occasional cross-office travel
- Hands-on experience and comfort with classical Software Development Life Cycle
- Hands-on experience with modern SDLC tooling including source control, reviewing, CI, and CD
- Good track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- Able to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner with an extremely high level of attention to detail
- Work autonomously and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Experience in AdTech
- Strong examples of data-driven decision making
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage (including massage and therapeutic care) as of Day 1. Access to an employee assistance program and a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition).
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life Life that can offer you personalized perks like home office equipment, spa treatments, green living, fitness equipment, music streaming services and more!
- Up to 2000$ reimbursed for Mental Health Care
- Generous RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off
- Virtual social committee-lead activities such as monthly wine club night, games night as well as wellness initiatives like virtual yoga and meditation, art therapy, aromatherapy classes
- Access to learning and development opportunities (your own LinkedIn Learning license, Pluralsight, professional development program, continuing education and more)
- Officevibe – anonymous feedback from our teams to know how you’re really doing and keep you engaged
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1 to Year 1. This also includes a buddy program (someone who will be there for you) from Day 1
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website and access to Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Summer Fridays
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Giving Back Program which includes donation matching & volunteering initiatives including one paid volunteer day
*certain benefits & perks apply to only full time permanent roles. Please ask TA for additional details.
Life at Samsung Ads
Samsung Ads is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you’re not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Samsung Ads.