Life at Samsung Ads
We are proud to build a world class organization that thrives on: Collaborating closely, problem-solving, breaking new ground and adapting quickly to a rapidly evolving industry. We are looking for a long-term contract (10 months), Product Designer!
We offer a remote/hybrid work environment made easy for you with practical perks, commuting and lunch benefits.
- A competitive compensation package, including a performance based incentive plan
- A very generous and broad ranged personal & healthcare spending program
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage; you can choose the option(s) that best suits YOU
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off and so much more!
- Access to free learning and development opportunities
- Amazing discounts, tons of social activities and various other extras!
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1
- Giving back program which includes donation matching & volunteering including a paid volunteer day
If you wish to know more about Samsung Ads, please visit our website.
About this role:
As Product Designer at Samsung Ads, you will create value by improving the User Experience (UX) for our platforms’ users and stakeholders. Having direct communication with them, you can ensure the product is useful, usable and delightful!
- We ensure great usability to make our platforms consistent and efficient for our users.
- We strive for the most intelligible data insights to improve how advertisers connect with their audiences and publishers monetize their inventory.
- We collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to improve the product roadmap.
- We contribute pro-actively into platform-wide UX improvement initiatives.
- We ensure the product is useful, usable and delightful!
Our design stack includes a mix of requirements in JIRA, Confluence documentation, user research insights via Google Slides presentations, whiteboard diagrams, notebook sketches, brain scratching, brainstorming, Miro/Figjam boards, Figma mocks and interactive prototypes, through a lot of Slack messages and Teams meetings.
This role will be fully remote based anywhere in Canada or hybrid based and will require a mix of working from our Montreal, QC/Toronto, ON offices and remote work with typical business hours being 9am – 5pm EST.
- Participate in the design process with the rest of the Product team (Product Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers, Data Analysts), Software Developers with a strong technical culture) and end-users. Comfortable with exceptional calls outside of business hours.
- Collaborate with UX Researchers and end-users to understand their needs and synthesize them into actionable product requirements. Validate the design proposals with them while being receptive to their comments and improve the product by iterating alternatives.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to address business and technical requirements in order to define relevant user journey maps/ user stories / tasks. Ask questions with regards to workflow and clarify if unsure.
- Collaborate with Engineering to assess and implement realistic solutions.
- Create rich, efficient and smooth user interactions.
- Deliver detailed user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate design concepts with the team.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in user experience design, product design or interaction design with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media, New Media, Graphic Design or other relevant fields
- Excellent written, verbal and reading English communication skills, French is an asset
- Proficient with wireframing, low-fidelity prototypes, and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Strong proficiency using design tools such as Figma. Adobe XD and/or Sketch are assets
- Proficient aptitude in using existent applicable Design System components and creating new ones when required
- Vast experience in problem solving through User Centered Design (UCD) approach
Note, as part of the application process, we require you to submit your portfolio and as part of our interview process, there is a 1.5 hour Design Challenge and interview. Details will be provided to you should you advance to that final step.
Diversity and inclusion
Samsung Ads is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or have any questions during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org