Samsung Ads is looking to add a Sales Manager to our Canadian Sales team.
About the team
We are currently looking for a talented Sales Manager, focused on our owned and operated inventory and audience extension, an individual contributor that is a motivated self-starter responsible for building and growing relationships with agencies in Toronto and across the country for the top brand marketers.
The individual should have a passion for TV driven data and have a pulse for new multi-channel advertising technologies. They must possess deep audience targeting expertise; and have previously worked with cross-device targeting.
This individual should have an existing client base and strong agency experience. This Sales Manager must be able to think strategically, anticipate how buying decisions are made, uncover the business needs of key clients and have a proven ability to close deals. This position will carry an annual revenue goal and a core focus on new business development.
Your ability to interact with top advertisers and their ad agencies will be important as you will use your networking and prospecting skills to identify, develop and manage new accounts that will complement our existing client roster and help you reach your revenue targets.
As an individual contributor, you’ll be supported by our world class ad operations team and will benefit from working with a leadership team that is chartering our explosive growth.
This role reports directly to Dave Pauk, Regional Sales Director, Canada and will be hybrid based requiring a mix of working from our Toronto, ON office and remote work.
What you will do
- Develop high-level relationships with your customers and serve as a trusted consultant to optimize their advertising growth.
- Create mid-term and long-term territory plan to grow the advertising business both on and off our Smart TV platform.
- Work with agencies and brands to integrate the Smart TV platform into their media mix.
- Be the voice of the customer and communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications to our products teams.
- Act as an internal champion for proposed Smart TV advertising strategy across other key Samsung stakeholders.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3-5 years of overall experience and experience in new business development for traditional TV as well as digital media advertising
- Deep experience in ad tech and data platforms
- A solid understanding of advertising industry’s issues and interest to advancing Smart TV’s forward looking strategies within the marketplace
- Strong track record of high level negotiation with established relationships within the advertising industry
- Successful internal and external relationship management
- Ability to interact with agencies and advertisers and experience presenting both over video and in-person (willingness to travel)
- Experience working in both entrepreneurial and established corporate cultures
- Demonstrated ability to consistently close sales and generate revenues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage (including massage and therapeutic care) as of Day 1. Access to an employee assistance program and a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition).
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life Life that can offer you personalized perks like home office equipment, spa treatments, green living, fitness equipment, music streaming services and more!
- Up to 2000$ reimbursed for Mental Health Care
- Generous RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off
- Virtual social committee-lead activities such as monthly wine club night, games night as well as wellness initiatives like virtual yoga and meditation, art therapy, aromatherapy classes
- Access to learning and development opportunities (your own LinkedIn Learning license, Pluralsight, professional development program, continuing education and more)
- Officevibe – anonymous feedback from our teams to know how you’re really doing and keep you engaged
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1 to Year 1. This also includes a buddy program (someone who will be there for you) from Day 1
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website and access to Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Summer Fridays
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Giving Back Program which includes donation matching & volunteering initiatives including one paid volunteer day
*certain benefits & perks apply to only full time permanent roles. Please ask TA for additional details.
Life at Samsung Ads
Samsung Ads is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you’re not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Samsung Ads.