Samsung Ads is looking to add a Senior Software Developer – Go to our Engineering – Pacing team.
About the team
Our team is responsible for managing, growing and optimizing product access to high-quality programmatic ads supply to effectively, intelligently and safely satisfy demand. We handle more than a million bid requests per second and over one billion per day across multiple data centers. Our tech stack includes a mixture of Erlang, Go, C, Linux, Concourse, Docker and Kubernetes.
Eventual consistency in distributed systems is at the heart of what we do, you will get to work with it and see it in action. As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, participate in shaping our engineering practices and share knowledge. In addition, you will also have exposure to our ML engineers who work on optimization and prediction problems. This is a great opportunity to work alongside experienced, passionate software developers as part a team within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
All of our employees are currently working remotely from home. In the future, this role will be fully remote based anywhere in Canada if you are outside of Montreal or hybrid based if you are located in Montreal or surrounding areas and will require a mix of working from our Montreal, QC office in downtown Montreal.
This role reports directly to our Engineering Manager.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Developer – Go, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components in our distributed real-time bidding system, a system that gets a high volume of traffic. This involves measuring and tuning high-performance, low-latency (soft-real-time) systems while working towards improved robustness and correctness along with the following:
- Maintain and improve existing services which includes actively trying to pay back technical debt and extending their functionality
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of new services
- Investigate and fix performance issues throughout our systems which include our services, dependencies and kernel usage
- Guide the direction of our technology stack to improve performance, scalability and maintainability
- Mentor and grow the team through various channels (code review, talks, discussions, etc.)
- Criticize and improve our development processes and methodologies
- Contribute to open source software to improve our external dependencies
- Flesh out and iterate on requirements in collaboration with the product team
- Get involved in and participate actively in the Scrum ceremonies
What you will need
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 3 years of experience in following languages: Go or C
- Experience with linux OS; experience with linux kernel networking stack is an asset
- Experience with distributed systems
- Have a solid foundation in systems programming, computer science and software engineering
- Collaborative spirit with a willingness to mentor others
- Strong reading, written and verbal communication skills in English; French is an asset
- Curious mind that enjoys building things and appreciating the craftsmanship in software
- Interest in mentoring, guiding and teaching junior developers; previous experience as a lead with direct reports, an asset
Nice to Haves (assets)
- Knowledge of/or experience in designing and building high traffic distributed systems is a plus
- Appetite for learning:
- system design and architecture
- advanced data structures (succinct, probabilistic, multidimensional, et cetera)
- mechanical sympathy, data-oriented design (performance)
- functional programming
- agile methodologies such as Scrum
- You enjoy reading code, and you're in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage (including massage and therapeutic care) as of Day 1. Access to an employee assistance program and a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition).
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life Life that can offer you personalized perks like home office equipment, spa treatments, green living, fitness equipment, music streaming services and more!
- Up to 2000$ reimbursed for Mental Health Care
- Generous RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off
- Virtual social committee-lead activities such as monthly wine club night, games night as well as wellness initiatives like virtual yoga and meditation, art therapy, aromatherapy classes
- Access to learning and development opportunities (your own LinkedIn Learning license, Pluralsight, professional development program, continuing education and more)
- Officevibe – anonymous feedback from our teams to know how you’re really doing and keep you engaged
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1 to Year 1. This also includes a buddy program (someone who will be there for you) from Day 1
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website and access to Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Summer Fridays
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Giving Back Program which includes donation matching & volunteering initiatives including one paid volunteer day
*certain benefits & perks apply to only full time permanent roles. Please ask TA for additional details.
Life at Samsung Ads
Samsung Ads is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Samsung Ads.