Samsung Ads is looking to add a Sr. Product Manager to our Advertising Platform Product team.
About the business & team
This role is part of the Advertising Platform Product team who are responsible for building and maintaining the Samsung DSP (Demand-side Platform). The Samsung DSP represents the “buy-side” of Samsung’s advertising ecosystem offering marketers a platform to execute campaigns leveraging proprietary Samsung user data across Connected TV, Online Video, and Mobile App environments. We seek to leverage cutting edge technologies within digital advertising, machine learning, and modern usability to delight users.
This role reports directly to Jasyn Polowitz, Senior Product Manager.
This role will be based out of our Montreal office and will follow a hybrid model (requiring a mix of working from home and at our office) or based out of Toronto, ON and will require occasional travel to Montreal, QC.
What you will do
As a Sr. Product Manager, you will lead development of enhancements and new features for the Samsung DSP. You will partner with internal teams, external partners, and customers to ensure continued innovation of our capabilities, formats, and executions across both existing devices and upcoming models.
- Own and drive product strategy and execution for one of several functional components of the Samsung DSP (e.g. Campaign Management, Bidding & Optimization, Supply & Inventory Management, Core Platform Services, plus more)
- Define goals and measurable success metrics for your product
- Partner with Platform Analytics to measure product success, monitor product metrics, and troubleshoot any anomalies and/or platform issues that arise
- Partner with designers to identify target user personas and foster continuous user feedback from both internal and external platform users
- Partner with designers and engineers to ideate, spec, build, and launch enhancements and new features in the platform
- Create roadmaps, requirements and user stories with maximum clarity
- Prioritize features on your roadmap and sprint-to-sprint work for your developers
- Make clear, concise trade-off decisions when competing priorities arise
- Communicate the strategy, plans and progress to stakeholders
- Foster a culture of trust, openness, collaboration and inclusiveness
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or Masters in a technical field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering or in an analytical field such as Business or Economics with a strong interest in technology
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in software development and 2+ years as a PM in an Agile environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum format and available to the scrum team to clarify requirements and make decisions
- Experience and familiarity with data analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English) to collaborate interact with cross-functional teams located across multiple cities and continent; French is an asset
- Goal-oriented, detail-oriented, ambitious, and strong ability to follow-through on commitments
- Passionate self-starter who shows a lot of initiative, can function with ambiguity and stays ahead of problems, and has a sense of ownership and responsibility
- Collaborative nature to work closely and manage different business stakeholders and engineering teams
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and interest in following emerging technologies
- Some travel required *if in Toronto, must be comfortable traveling to Montreal on occasional basis
Nice to haves (assets)
- Experience with AdTech, digital advertising ecosystem and RTB platforms (real-time bidding)
- Experience working on mostly backend componentry
- Experience with or an interest in learning more about machine learning
- Technical experience, coding experience
- Worked in distributed team across the globe, working with different cultures, languages, timezones
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage (including massage and therapeutic care) as of Day 1. Access to an employee assistance program and a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition).
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life Life that can offer you personalized perks like home office equipment, spa treatments, green living, fitness equipment, music streaming services and more!
- Up to 2000$ reimbursed for Mental Health Care
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off
- Virtual social committee-lead activities such as monthly wine club night, games night as well as wellness initiatives like virtual yoga and meditation, art therapy, aromatherapy classes
- Access to learning and development opportunities (your own LinkedIn Learning license, Pluralsight, professional development program, continuing education and more)
- Officevibe – anonymous feedback from our teams to know how you’re really doing and keep you engaged
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1 to Year 1. This also includes a buddy program (someone who will be there for you) from Day 1
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website and access to Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Summer Fridays
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Giving Back Program which includes donation matching & volunteering initiatives including one paid volunteer day
*certain benefits & perks apply to only full time permanent roles. Please ask TA for additional details.
Life at Samsung Ads
Samsung Ads is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you’re not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Samsung Ads.
*Internal title is ‘Product Manager’*